Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Weekend Getaway

A few weeks ago we decided to ditch the cold weather and head for warmer temperatures - St. George. Mom and Bryce were there and said they would share a house with us - so off we went. My brother Wade and his family were there for a baseball tournament as well.
We had a great weekend away from the work at home. Saturday we spent the entire day at the ballpark cheering on my nephew Jake. They ended up winning the championship, which was really cool. Congrats Jake! I'm glad we were there to witness it. I can say I'm a Rebels fan now. The kids were so good enduring baseball all day and just enjoyed the time outside. The weather was amazing.
On Sunday, we took a little hike around the red rocks with our cousins. Paiton loved it and wanted to keep climbing up and up. Saige wasn't so amused and wanted to get back into air conditioning (such a girl). And Kole we couldn't keep out of the dirt.
I love weekends like this where there are no plans, no agendas, and just plain ol' family fun.

The Champions! Did I mention my brother is the coach. They beat out 48 other teams this weekend.


Rory followed Kole around like this the entire time, making sure he didn't fall. Good Dad!

King of the Hill! That is Jake, Paiton, and Zac way up there.


The klan. What a lovely bunch.




Paiton and the boys made it through this crack in the mountain. The rest of us waited at the bottom.

Running with the big boys.

The magical red sand.



Cute cousins.

Kole also loved to pull Lexi around on her leash. He kept telling her to "come doggy".


I've climbed to the top of this mountain many times in my lifetime. It is a complete drop to the street. I'm not scared of heights, but boy was I nervous with my kids standing up there. So was Rory, as you can see from this picture. It is crazy what kids can do to you. 

1 comment:

walkerfamily said...

I've been waiting for this post for weeks! Yay for family time. It was so fun having you guys there that weekend. Usually it's just us entertaining our kids outside of the ballpark. I love that you're a REBELS fan now. People say I'm crazy for how often I'm at the ballpark... I tell them what else would I be doing? I love it! So much excitement and adrenaline and pride!!! I'll make sure the boys see this.